A phobia is an irrational fear of an object or situation that causes little or no danger. Exposure to the situation or object may cause anxiety for the sufferer, but the fear itself won’t cause any actual danger.
There will usually be strong avoidance behaviour connected with a phobia, and general feelings of anxiety, loss of control, and panic. The distress associated with the phobia and/or the need to avoid the object or situation can significantly interfere with the person’s ability to function in normal everyday situations. Sufferers usually know their fear is excessive or unreasonable, yet they are unable to control or overcome it.
The exact or root cause of specific phobias may not be not known, but most appear to be associated with a traumatic experience or a learned reaction; which may stem from childhood or earlier in life. Phobias are linked to our subconscious, and because they are irrational, they can often be dealt with effectively using hypnotherapy*.
Hypnosis can be used to communicate with the subconscious mind and change the thought patterns and behaviour, as well as helping with relaxation accessing a calm, focused state of mind to help control the fear.
How does Hypnotherapy work?
Firstly I’ll guide you into a very relaxed state where your subconscious mind becomes very receptive to new programming. Your subconscious is like an incredibly powerful computer and hypnotherapy is like adding a new app or program! We’ll work together to change the emotional reaction to your phobia, creating a sense of calm and control when faced with your phobia.
These are some of the most common phobias, but there are many more:
- Arachnophobia – fear of spiders
- Ophidiophobia – fear of snakes
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Agoraphobia – fear of open or crowded spaces
- Necrophobia – fear of death or dead things
- Cynophobia – fear of dogs
- Claustrophobia – fear of confined spaces
- Hemophobia – fear of blood
- Trypanophobia – fear of needles
- Aerophobia – fear of flying
- Emetophobia – fear of vomiting
- Mysophobia – fear of germs.
Call Angel now on: 07940 930961 …and take control of your phobia!
* We’re all different. Some people respond better to hypnotherapy than others. Results can vary and no hypnotherapist can guarantee 100% success with every client.